Dental treatment we offer
Odontologica is a general dental practice which is able to provide a wide range of dental treatment services.
We are an amalgam-free dental practice and from the outset have made the practice latex free where possible.
We are able to provide a wide range of services on premises for:
- People anxious or fearful of dentists
- Decayed teeth or high decay rate
- Maintaining dental health with complex medical conditions (particularly after cancer treatment)
- General extractions
- Wisdom tooth problems
- Periodontal health and ongoing care
- Oral medicine and pathology
- Teeth whitening and correction of aesthetic deficit
- Adult orthodontics for simple cases
- Crowns, bridges and indirect porcelain veneers
- Dentures – Full dentures and partial dentures.
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Jaw pain and tooth grinding habits
- Worn or eroded teeth
- Dentistry for older people
- Children’s dentistry
- Surgical procedures for tongue and lip tie for people 3yrs or older.
- General prevention
- Custom sports mouthguards. Highly customised styling is available for artwork or team colours.
- Snore appliances
- Assessment and treatment of dental causes of headache
- Assessment and treatment of dental and oral causes of bad breath (halitosis)
After we carefully examine and diagnose the particular needs of the person, in some cases it may however considered in their best interests to see a specialist dentist for certain procedures. We work to find the right specialist for your particular dental treatment needs. Dr. Draper has a relationship with a number of specialists in selected fields, including:
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons. These surgeons are able to manage complex problems of the jaw joints, surgical treatments in support of orthodontic treatment and airway medicine, surgical management of pathology, and complicated dental extractions and major facial infections.
- Endodontists. The best quality root canal treatment for many cases requires highly specialised equipment. We are able to treat many routine cases here at Odontologica, but for those where it is in their interests to be treated by a specialist, we will always recommend referral.
- Paediatric Specialist Dentists. For more extensive or complex cases, or cases where there are complicating issues, we work closely with a specialist in children’s dentistry to minimise the psychological and clinical impact of the treatment of their needs.
- Orthodontists. We at Odontologica are focussed on tooth and gum conservation. A very important dimension of that is to ensure the teeth are in the best position possible for health. We utilise the services of specialist Orthodontists with a proven track record in child, adolescent and adult orthodontics. Minor corrections for adults and children may be offered to you by our dentist, but in every case, where it is in your interest to be treated by a specialist orthodontist we will recommend your referral. This is how we can ensure you get the best possible results for you.
- and a range of other dental, medical and allied health specialists.
So relax. We at Odontologica will develop, coordinate and implement the overall plan to achieve your oral health goals and where necessary will use specialists to provide particular aspects of the overall plan. All aspects tailored to your needs and goals.
This is why we think we’re not like the others. It’s personal here.